Sunday, March 30, 2008

Photo Websites, Blogs, Etc. Part 2

Part 2 of 2

I will finish what I started last time, although I have completely lost my train of thought one week and a day removed from my previous post. I am continuing to update my Smugmug site with more photos as I get the time. I still have a lot more I want to add but it will take some time to look through all my folders and get them all added. I also hope to get a scanner soon and start adding some film images. I highly recommend that anybody with a photography website or anybody considering having one look at Smugmug or one of its competitors. They have the right blend of ease of use and customizability that you don't get by making a site from scratch.

The idea of having a blog is an intriguing one. It is amazing to think that millions of people have blogs where they write stories, comments, opinions, etc. A blog can be about anything. I started this one to talk about photography. I am not the type of person to have a personal blog where I can write about my life and thoughts for the world to see. I like sharing knowledge and opinions but many things are more private to me than they are for others. I feel a little weird just having a blog and a website with my name on. For now I am going to stick to photography and related topics.

No comments: